Wednesday, July 25, 2012

hb2u -- part 1

Hi!  Eva here, and I'm so happy and excited to bring you my first post for Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts blog!  I have a card to share but I'll be splitting it into 2 parts, kind of like 2 mini tutorials.

Anyway, I love using my Big Shot and dies.  It's amazing how many different dies there are nowadays for so many purposes.  But realistically, I can't buy them all!  So I try to use my dies for more than one purpose and to get the most out of them.  If I don't have a particular die, I look through what I do have and see if I can figure something out.  We are crafters after all, right?

For my card, I used Yumi & Fumi above.  But I thought instead of them facing each other, what if I cut the stamped images and switched them?  And then they could be holding something, like a banner.  But I don't have a banner die that I've seen around blogland.  So I made one using what I have.

This is Papertrey Ink's scallop border die.  I cut just 4 scallops out.

Then I cut them apart with scissors as straight and neatly as I could.

I punched some small holes, added eyelets and thread them onto some twine and ta-da, a banner!  But you could embellish the banner anyway you want.

I added some felt letters cut using Papertrey Ink's alphabet dies.

Now Fumi and Yumi are holding a Happy Birthday to You banner!

Hope you'll give this a try and also be inspired to use the dies you have in different ways.  Next week, I'll be back to show you what's inside the card.  I don't wanna give too much away but it'll be a fun way to present a giftcard!  Perfect for birthdays or even holiday gift giving!

Thanks for reading!

eva

7 comments:

Leanne said...

This is soo cute and awesome Eva!! I love that you used a different die to make that awesome banner!! A great idea that I would love to try!
Great job!
;)

Rosie said...

Awesome idea Eva!!!! I've got some dies to go turn into banners!!! Can't wait to see next week's tutorial! Hugs, Rosie

Denice said...

What a great idea Eva! I'm with you and as much as I'd love to own all the dies that are out there...it just isn't feasible. I'm going to have to look through what I have see what I can come up.
Adorable card, TFS!
:Dxx

Cheryl said...

Clever banner, Eva! Hmmm, makes me want to look at all my dies again...as to whether I can actually figure something new to make out of them or just stare at them for a while...

Rachel Parys said...

LOVE IT! What a great idea! You are so resourceful!!

Annie Rose said...

Eva, that is such a fantastic idea! THANK YOU! :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Mimi said...

eva, this is super cute! love the use of the border die to make it a banner! awesome!! ;D