Monday, December 31, 2012

Welcome Our January Guest Designer

Good morning Friends and Happy New Years Eve!

We hope that you have all enjoyed your Christmas time off and look forward to ringing in the New Year with family and friends.  As we say goodbye to 2012 I would like to take this time to say Thank you to our wonderful Guest Designer Melissa Oeters for making December a month to remember.  Mahalo Melissa, your creations were all super creative and inspiring.  I really appreciate you stepping in for us in December and honey you rocked it!!  Thank you again!!

The DT will still be taking time off in January but will be back in February refreshed and ready to bring you more Yumi and Fumi inspirations.  To help us with January I asked someone who I have admired for quite some time, since my TGF days actually.  I was really excited that she said yes and am really glad she's helping us with January.  We are very excited to welcome our January Guest Designer, Denice Bartucci


Here is a little bit more about Denice in her own words:

"I'm a midwestern gal who finds a lot of the inspiration for my projects come from my family, which consists of "Papa Bear" and our 4 fab kiddos....they are my never-ending source of support and my biggest/bestest critics.  I've been stamping and scrapbooking for almost 15 years and am passionate about both crafts. I could talk endlessly about all the latest embellies and techniques, and find the internet to be an endless source of new projects to try. I'm looking forward to spending a fun and creative month with Y&FH!"
I asked Denice to take our survey and her answers were pretty unique.  Needless to say, I think she fits right in with the rest of us. {hehe}
DT Survey:
1. Social butterfly or Timid Turtle? Timid until I get to know you
2. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunrise
3. Fruity or Minty? Fruity, fresh and floating in my sangria preferably
4. Ocean or Mountain? Ocean
5. City or Small town? Small town
6. Cadbury or Hershey? Hershey
7. Nutty
or Smooth? Smooth
8. Paper, plastic or reusable? All three
9. Flip flops or sneakers? Flip flops
10. Coke or Sprite? Rootbeer
11. Fairy or Vixen? Vixen, see #12
12. Vampire or Werewolf?  Give me an Angel any day *wink*
13. CAS or Not enough embellishments? I (heart) embellies
14. Copics or Other? Copics
15. Rubber or Digital? Rubber
16. To glitter or not to glitter? Glitter
17. 3-D or the flatter the better? 3-D
18. Ribbons or Flowers? Flowers
19. Tim Holtz or Tim Gunn? Tim Holtz
20. I can’t live without this crafty item… ATG and scoreboard

Last, I asked Denice to share a Yumi & Fumi inspired project, check out her cute project featuring Yumi with Fan.


It's beautiful!! 
Love it!! 
Denice used both Kim's sketch and the color pallette for our December challenge to inspire you. 
A wonderful card!!  :) 
Denice's term will start tomorrow, and she will share every Tuesday for the month of January.  Be sure to come back here to see her first inspiration and make sure to stop by her blog and welcome her.
A few reminders & Upcoming events:
  1. Today is the last day for free shipping in the USA when you purchase more than $30.  Head on over to the shop and take advantage.
  2. You only have a few more days to take part in our December month-long challenge.  Link up your project HERE and please don't forget to read the rules if you would like to be considered for our top 3 and the grand prize.  The challenge ends on Saturday, January 5th.
  3. January month long challenge starts on Sunday, January 6th - theme TBA
 Before I sign off I wanted to share a little mini calendar project to welcome 2013, featuring Yumi and Fumi
 

Happy New Year everyone, may it be Blessed!!
Hugs,
Leanne & The Y&FH ohana

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome, Denice! SO glad you can join us this month!

eva said...

hello denice!! haha, love that you also did the survey!

She's a Color Queen said...

This is so darn cute!!!

Linda said...

Hi Denice!!! Can't wait to see what goodies you have for show and tell for all of us in blog world!!!